5 Double-Duty Beauty Products
By Meredith Hayman, Makeup Artist, mother of Spencer age 2
Remember the days where you were able to spend an hour getting ready in the morning? Then along came the baby and your morning routine isn’t quite the same anymore. Shower (maybe), blow out (not so much), and make-up (does lip balm count). Not so fast! There is a way to make your make-up work for your current lifestyle with these five double-duty beauty products that will save you time and money.
- Bronzer – Apply all over face and as an eye shadow
- Dip soft bronzer brush in bronzer and apply in the same order the sun naturally hits your face – forehead, then nose, cheeks, and then chin.
- Bobbi Brown Bronzer “Light”
- Mascara – Mascara similar to your natural hair color can be used on lashes and for root touch-up at hairline
- Roll mascara wand onto the topside of your upper lashes, and then to the underside using a wiggle motion starting at the root.
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara
- Cream Blush – Use on cheeks as blush and on lips for long-lasting lip color
- Smile! Apply cream blush to apples of cheeks blending up toward hairline.
- Stila Convertible Color “Peony”
- Multi-Use Face Brush – Use with cream or liquid foundations, powder or cream blush, loose or pressed powders, bronzer.
- Use makeup remover wipes to clean in-between products and deep wash twice a month with baby shampoo.
- MAC Brush #187
- AQUAPHOR – Did you know that you can use this irritated tushie ointment for your own beauty treatments? Keep tube on your night table and apply Aquaphor to your cuticles, lips, dry heels, and as an eye cream nightly before bed.