With July 4th behind us, we are now in full swing of summer!
And nothing says summer like a cool, refreshing smoothie. Smoothies are a brilliant way to start your mornings. They are healthy (if you make them that way), filling, and scrummy!
Yes, smoothies can be healthy AND delicious – I promise! The key is to have the right balance of ingredients in there. I find that spinach is the best green to include because it truly doesn’t have flavor when mixed into a smoothie.
Here is my ‘go to’ morning smoothie. It’s basically become a staple in my diet, and I can make it in my sleep!
So be good to yourself and your body in the mornings – skip the carb/sugar filled cereals once (or twice) in a while and treat yourself to a dose of vitamins and minerals instead. Your body will thank you!
Mommybites Co-Founder and Certified Health Coach
P.S. Looking to jump-start your health? Are you beyond busy and need an easy, seamless process to make this jump-start happen? I have created a powerful 3 day healthy jumpstart meal plan designed for the busy mom, complete with shopping list, exact directions, and recipes. Get your meal plan here!
Laura’s ‘Go To’ Smoothie
- 1 to 2 cups of spinach (I use 2 but if you are a smoothie newbie you might want to start with 1.)
- 1 cup of almond milk (You can use regular milk or soy milk if you prefer.)
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 1 tablespoon honey (Option to sweeten even more with 3 to 4 prunes, 1 packet of stevia, and/or more honey)
- 1 cup ice
- Add milk and spinach to blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend on high for one minute.
- *Option to add water to get your desired consistency.
Mommybites co-founder and Certified Health Coach
Laura Deutsch is a health coach and busy mom (also Co-founder of Mommybites!) A reformed eater of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with low fat Cheetos and diet coke for lunch, Laura began a deep dive into what “you are what you eat” truly means. Born out of her education and passion for “instilling health” into the diets of her friends and family, Laura created Instill Health, an amazing resource for those who want to create and maintain a life of optimal health and wellness for themselves and their families.
Through Instill Health, Laura offers online programs, one-on-one coaching and speaking engagements, along with a blog that includes great resources and fabulous recipes. Check out her recipe booklet, in which she shares 3 healthy dinners – all of which can be prepared in less than 20 minutes. Make healthy eating a seamless part of YOUR life in simple, practical and delicious ways!
* Healthy Eating is a section of our website co-hosted by Integrative Wellness Advisors, LLC. Integrative Wellness Advisors has compensated Mommybites to be a partner in this awesome Healthy Eating section on our website. This partnership does not influence the content, topics or posts made on this blog. We always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on all topics, products, and services.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog contributor’s. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Writers may have conflicts of interest, and their opinions are their own.