We had a fantastic time at the Mommybites Summit, and so did these people who caught all of the action on the fun night and in our Twitter party the week before. The Mommybites Summit ended up connecting moms, companies, and the media all for the common purpose of learning more about the journey of parenthood. For some it was the first time to attend such a dynamic evening and for others it was an amazing opportunity to learn new tips. Overall it was an amazing event and we look forward to doing it again!
Check out some of the moms who attended the event and wrote about what they learned and saw!
- Totsy: Mommybites Summit Event
- My Mom Shops: Mommybites Summit
- Haute Mamma: babybites’ Mommybites Summit
- Beautiful Things: ROOTS OF HAPPINESS, MOTHER-IN-LAW RELATIONS AND TODDLER TANTRUMS – THE MOMMYBITES SUMMIT
Before the event:
One week before the Mommybites Summit, babybites & kiddybites hosted a Twitter party to give our followers a chance to talk to some of our speakers and sponsors before the main event about the “Childhood Roots of Adult Happiness.” The event had around 2,000 tweets in one hour and there was a lot of great information shared about what we as parents think about happiness and what we want for our children. Below is a quick glimpse of the conversation at the #Mommybites Twitter party.
During the event:
At the Mommybites Summit we encouraged everyone to tweet throughout the night in order to share what they were learning with others and to chat with each other during the festivities. It was so much fun to talk about what we thought, saw, and learned plus we ended up connecting and meeting some great people for the first time! Here are a few highlighted tweets during the event:
- TodaysMoms: @babybites event with heather and laura #mommybites http://twitpic.com/1pj3vc
- HauteMama1: Think I just found a new vendor for my @opensky shop. Thanks #mommybites
- NewYorkDad: @babybites This is the place to be today! http://tweetphoto.com/23255658 #mommybites
- mymomshops: Met new-to-me vendors at @babybites #mommybites tonight- check out @portraitbug @TheBigToyBook and @UnderTag
- Cecilyk: Recognition, connecting with your kids when they acheive, is part of giving your child a happy childhood. #Mommybites
After the event:
Even after the Mommybites Summit was over, the night seemed to stir up conversations and continue to connect people for the days and weeks to come. Below are some great tweets following the event:
- youcake: Huge thank you to @babybites for throwing an awesome #MommyBites Summitt! Great topics, great speakers, great vendors and friends!
- Nancy_Horn: Great Vendors at #mommybites last night! @plumorganics @happybabyfood, @moonsoupkids @drinkmamatini @magnificentbaby
- mumby: Great to meet you guys #mommybites! @jenrab @babybites @newyorkdad @newyorkfamily @CecilyK
- TodaysMoms: @c2cmom @mommagonecity @macaronikidnyc great to see you guys last nite, as well, at #mommybites
- swellbeing: @nedhallowell I really enjoyed your keynote talk last night the #mommybites summit. Such wise, clear, spot-on advice! Thank you!
- iKidNY: So great to see/meet @MacaroniKidNYC @BabyPlannerNYC @Nancy_Horn @Taste1chef @NewYorkDad @enrichingkids @drinkmamatini @cityweekendsNYC @ParentvilleMom @IsabellaPrdcts @mymomshops @newyorkfamily @MommasGoneCity at #mommybites summit
- NewYorkDad: @babybites it was so gret to see you again… what a great event! congrats 🙂 #mommybites
- ColeEmmett: Just got home from #mommybites – had SUCH a great time! Nice to put some faces to my tweeps!
Check out our community “playing, shopping, and learning” in these photo montages from the night:
- Mommybites Columbia University | May 20, 2010 | 154 Photos by Fred Marcus
- Pictures from the Mommybites Summit by Howard Greenstein
During the event, we took the opportunity to interview each of our speakers and ask them three questions. Check out our blog post about it and find out what our speakers top parenting advice and lessons are: Mommybites Summit Speakers & 3 Questions. Videos were shot by Ryan Johnston.