Q: What’s better than homemade pancakes on a snowy day?!
A: Homemade pancakes that are actually HEALTHY – yet still delicious!
Not only are these pancakes amazing, but they are gluten free and dairy free, too.
I kid you not. Give ‘em a try and see for yourself. You and your kids will love them!
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond butter (can substitute peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxmeal
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. ground ceylon cinnamon (use 1/8 tsp. if using regular cinnamon)
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (can sub butter if you are not dairy free)
- maple syrup
1. Crack the eggs in a large bowl and whisk them.
2. In another bowl, lightly mash the bananas with a potato masher or a fork.
3. Add the bananas, almond butter, flaxmeal, vanilla, cinnamon, and baking powder to the eggs and stir to combine.
4. Place batter in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to harden a bit.
5. Heat the coconut oil (or butter if you aren’t dairy free) in a medium to large skillet over medium to low heat.
6. Pour pancake size amounts onto the skillet and cook until the bottom appears set (2 to 3 minutes). Flip with a spatula and cook another minute.
7. Serve immediately, topped with maple syrup. (Makes 6 – 8 pancakes, depending on how big you make them.)
Like what you read? Also check out our latest FREE online classes, parenting advice, jobs for moms, events, childcare listings, casting calls & raffles, and our Parents With Nannies Facebook group.
Laura Deutsch is a health coach and busy mom (also Co-founder of Mommybites!) A reformed eater of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with low fat Cheetos and diet coke for lunch, Laura began a deep dive into what “you are what you eat” truly means. Born out of her education and passion for “instilling health” into the diets of her friends and family, Laura created Instill Health, an amazing resource for those who want to create and maintain a life of optimal health and wellness for themselves and their families.
Through Instill Health, Laura offers online programs, one-on-one coaching and speaking engagements, along with a blog that includes great resources and fabulous recipes. Check out her recipe booklet, in which she shares 3 healthy dinners – all of which can be prepared in less than 20 minutes. Make healthy eating a seamless part of YOUR life in simple, practical and delicious ways!