“It’s not a VACATION with kids, it’s a RELOCATION!” I knew I loved this woman after these words came out of her mouth.
Traveling with kids can be exhausting. I always come home feeling like I need a vacation. Travel Mom showed us a slideshow of pictures she took with her family on vacation.
One picture showed happy faces and pure bliss. The other picture reflected what was really happening behind those pictures.
Pic 1 – All smiles in the famous London telephone booth.
Pic 2 – Look mom, pictures of naked ladies. Can I take one?
A few tips from Luxury Travel MOM:
- Plan, Plan, Plan
- Spend the extra money for the extra airplane seat and the extra hotel room so everyone has more room and their own seat. Get a airplane seat for your baby. It’s worth it!
- Have the hotel put snacks in your room on arrival.
- Dress nice while traveling. You want the VIP treatment look like you deserve it.
- Join every loyalty club there is.
- Book through a Virtuoso Agent, Platinum Amex, Preferred Family, or directly through hotel.
- Know how to TIP the staff. A “thank you” should never be less than $10.
- Leaving a tip for maid service gets you far.
- Quit while you are ahead. You can always go back to finish the things you didn’t get to do.
TOP FAMILY DESTINATIONS
- Turks and Caicos – 3.5 hour flight from NYC, they use the US dollar, world’s best beach, stay at THE SOMERSET or PARROT CAY
- Disney World – Go during low season and/or book VIP tour guide, stay at Disney Yacht Club or Ritz Carlton Orlando
- Kiawah Island – 30 minutes from Charleston, “happiest seaside town”, 10 miles of beach for biking, dolphins, stay at The Sanctuary or Kiawah Island Resort
If you would like to hear more, check out Luxury Travel Mom.
Next, if you are traveling with a child that sleeps in a crib this is for you!
Everyone was amazed by the lightweight Travel Crib Light by Baby Bjorn. Assemble it in seconds and it only weighs 11 pounds! It folds neatly in a suitcase. Forget about the complicated cribs that take 5 minutes to put up. Try it, you’ll fall in love with the convenience.
You can find it HERE.
Have a great summer!
Jenna Crandall is a Mommybites contributor and blogger at themommyinmanhattan.com
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog contributors. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Guest writers may have conflicts of interest, and their opinions are their own.