I don’t know about you, but the thought of cooking with tofu used to scare me. I knew I liked the taste because I’d had it in miso soup, but I had NO IDEA how to prepare it. One day, I was talking to a friend who makes tofu regularly, and she insisted it was the easiest thing to make. So, I decided to go for it!
What ensued was a deep love for tofu – everything about it – the taste, the texture, the protein, the ease of preparation. And now it has become part of my weekly dinner regimen. In fact, one of my favorite meals is a Tofu Veggie Bowl.
If you have never prepared tofu, I highly suggest giving it a shot. I’ve made it very easy for you. Here is a video made by yours truly that shows you exactly how to prepare the tofu:
TOFU VEGGIE BOWL
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil sea salt
- 1 package pre washed mushrooms
- 1 zucchini cut into small pieces
- 1 squash chopped into small pieces 1 block extra firm tofu, drained of water, & sliced into little cubes
- 1 serving size of either cooked quinoa, brown rice, or edamame fettuccine, prepared per package directions
- Sauce of your choice. I love WholeFoods Peanut Butter Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place chopped vegetables on a greased cookie sheet, trying to spread them out as much as possible.
- Brush vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with some sea salt.
- Place cubed tofu on another greased cookie sheet, brush with olive oil, and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Roast veggies and tofu in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until desired tenderness.
- Place tofu and vegetables on either quinoa, brown rice, or edamame fettuccine.
- Top with desired sauce.
Laura Deutsch is a health coach and busy mom (also Co-founder of Mommybites!) A reformed eater of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with low fat Cheetos and diet coke for lunch, Laura began a deep dive into what “you are what you eat” truly means. Born out of her education and passion for “instilling health” into the diets of her friends and family, Laura created Instill Health, an amazing resource for those who want to create and maintain a life of optimal health and wellness for themselves and their families.
Through Instill Health, Laura offers online programs, one-on-one coaching and speaking engagements, along with a blog that includes great resources and fabulous recipes. Check out her recipe booklet, in which she shares 3 healthy dinners – all of which can be prepared in less than 20 minutes. Make healthy eating a seamless part of YOUR life in simple, practical and delicious ways!
* Healthy Eating is a section of our website co-hosted by Integrative Wellness Advisors, LLC. Integrative Wellness Advisors has compensated Mommybites to be a partner in this awesome Healthy Eating section on our website. This partnership does not influence the content, topics or posts made on this blog. We always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on all topics, products, and services.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog contributor’s. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Writers may have conflicts of interest, and their opinions are their own.