Every parent wants to keep their child safe in the car, but there is so much to learn about car seats.
Mommybites was lucky to have Greg Durocher, the Founder and CEO of Safe Ride 4 Kids, speak to us about some of the most important facts.
There are 4 stages of car seat safety, specifically:
Greg moved on to cover the differences and correct usage for infant car seats, booster seats and steps for when children grow out of car seats. He addressed common car seat mistakes – and trust me, there are A LOT of them – including loose harness straps, not using the seat belt or LATCH correctly, or transitioning children to the next stage prematurely.
In case you missed this important Momcast, you can listen to the re-play of the Momcast here.
Greg also highly suggests you take advantage of the many car seat safety resources listed below.
- To find a child passenger safety technician near you, click here
- To learn about the Five step seat belt fit test, click here
- To learn about Airline safety, click here
- Driving safety during pregnancy studies we’ve reviewed.
- Download the 10 most common mistakes report here
- Download the 4+ stages cheat sheet to know when to move to next step.
- Download the driving during pregnancy guide here.
- Get Safe Ride 4 Kids downloads or sign up for their child safety newsletter here.
- Follow Safe Ride 4 Kids blogs.
Generously Sponsored By