It’s here! It’s here! A longtime dream has finally come to reality!!! Back when Laura started babybites in 2006, she had a single goal: to connect other moms while learning about important parenting topics (and have fun!). And now Mommybites mission is quite the same: support, resources, education and connections.
It’s just that easy- we really want to help you be the best parent you can. And a natural outgrowth of that mission has been for us to share what we are interested in and fascinated by in our personal lives since we are all moms going through the same journey as many of you. One of those topics, that all of us on the Mommybites team is heavily invested in, is living a healthy life.
You may have noticed my weekly Green Parenting column that was started due to my own quest to become a more environmentally conscious parent in the daily choices I make. The community we have built around this topic has been amazing and I am in awe of the questions, sharing and efforts we make on a daily basis to live a greener life.
So when a friend of ours, Dustin Bryson who works at Lemi Shine, said he wanted to make a space where a parenting community can talk about sustainable and healthy living, we knew we had the community to do just that. So we created Healthy Living, a blog that is co-hosted* by Lemi Shine.
What is our Healthy Living section all about?
Healthy Living is a place on our website where you can find more about how to live a healthy and sustainable lifestyle. There are so many factors in our daily lives that all contribute to our overall health – nutrition, environment, products – it is important for us to take a holistic look at how we can better our health in all we do.
Each week we will share – and invite healthy living experts to come share – the tips and tricks we can all use to create a better environment for ourselves and our families and largely our world. Moms move the world; let’s make it a healthier one.
How often will we see new posts on Healthy Living?
We aim to have between 2 – 3 new posts per week.
Who will be contributing to this section?
Our first month’s contributors are
– Wendy Bradford who will be writing a monthly “Diary of a New Green Mom” as she begins the journey to living a healthier life. Wendy blogs for our NY chapter pretty regularly and also has a great blog of her own, Mama One to Three.
– Hillary Irwin will be sharing nutrition tips and tricks she has learned from her years running Simply Beautiful Mom. She’s a mom to two herself and has some of the best recipes around!
– Blythe Metz is a raw food advocate whose mantra is “optimal nutrition is the medicine of the future.” Blythe has a weekly webTV show that airs on her website all about redefining raw.
– Aimee Raupp is a licensed acupuncturist, herbalist and author of Chill Out & Get Healthy. She has written for our blog on many health topics below and has always opened our eyes to what’s really going on!
– Elise Jones (that’s me) who writes the weekly Green Parenting column that will now be found on both our blog as well as in the Healthy Living section. The green thing is really contagious and healthy living is my mantra!
– And there are so many more!
So be sure to check daily to see what is new with our Healthy Living section. It is our hope that through all of this fantastic information you will be inspired, awakened and motivated to live a healthier life!
Have any burning questions about healthy living? It can be anything at all about leading a healthier, greener, sustainable, environmentally conscious life. Feel free to email me ([email protected]) and I’ll get you an answer!
*What exactly does co-hosted by Lemi Shine mean? Well it goes a little something like this: Lemi Shine has compensated Mommybites to be a partner in this awesome Healthy Living section on our website. This partnership does not influence the content, topics or posts made on this blog. We always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on all topics, products, and services.