If you answered with a firm YES – I applaud you! And, I also realize that those of us who answer with a firm YES are not the majority. It’s sad but true. For some reason, most all of us amazing women who are rock stars in our day to day chaotic lives lack some confidence. This article is here to help you feel more confident because you definitely deserve it!
OK – What is confidence?
I see confidence as a kind of thing that radiates. I think confidence is the root of beauty, the strength of a self-respecting person and something that demands attention. It’s amazing to watch a woman coming into owning her own confidence. Don’t you agree? We see it in young women; and truth be told they usually get it from older women like us, who are their role models. So we need to exude true confidence to help them gain their own sense of confidence.
What defines a confident women?
Of course confidence means different things to different people. For me, after learning to really own my own confidence, I feel a confident woman is best defined by the following 5 attributes:
- She is sure of herself and optimistic about life.
- She is happy with herself and her life.
- She has a clear vision on what she wants out of life.
- She knows what she desires and she goes for it.
- She believes in herself.
Of course, owning all of these attributes all of the time is tough. So, what do you do when you’re feeling “eh” – not so confident?
Here are some useful tips that always do the trick for me:
- Focus on feeling good and learn how to see the upside in your day-to-day life. For me this comes down to practicing gratitude daily. Focus on all the good in your life, not the “bad”. In each and every moment you have the choice to feel good or to feel something else; find a way to feel good. See the upside and be optimistic!
- Have faith that you are where you are supposed to be, and if you truly feel you are not, envision what you want and work proactively to get yourself there. Imagine where it is you want to be and get the feeling of that place… and hold onto that feeling. Practice that feeling… feel yourself to a better place. You can do it! Give it a shot!
- Honor your desires. Be true to yourself, always. Do what makes you feel good, not what you think you should do to make others think you’re a good person.
- And last but not least: If all else fails, fake it ‘til you make it!
For more on my feelings on confidence, check out my youtube video blog on women and confidence! Let me know what you think!
Aimee E. Raupp is a women’s health and fertility expert, author, and founder of the Aimee Raupp Wellness & Fertility Center. Her focus is improving health and beauty, preventing disease, and increasing fertility among women whose health and wellness are challenged by the demands of Western culture. Aimee launched her new fertility-friendly beauty product line in Winter 2013. Find Aimee on Facebook and Twitter @aimeeraupp.
* Healthy Living is section of our website co-hosted by Mott’s. Mott’s has compensated Mommybites to be a partner in this awesome Healthy Living section on our website. This partnership does not influence the content, topics or posts made on this blog. We always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on all topics, products, and services.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog contributor’s. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Writers may have conflicts of interest, and their opinions are their own.